Friday, July 1, 2016

Rock Crawler Drawing Process for RC Coloring Book 2


Take a look and images taken during the process of creating an image for the Utah RC coloring book 2.


Find out more about the Coloring Book from UTAH RC

Starting off I gather the images I like and want to use. I thought these images would look well together. in this king of positioning.

Then I make them transparent and, one at a time in an order that make sense, I start my drawing. On this image I started with the truck that is closest. 


After a while I end up with something like this.

 Then on to finishing all the Trucks.

The Trucks need to make sense in their environment. I though it would be sweet to include the waterfall and water flowing below the rocks below.


I fill in the rocks and add more detail. Its looking pretty good at this point. I check the trucks, the background and other elements to make sure I didn't miss anything, and to make sure it is balanced and works well.


We have been sharing the images like this so you can see the original and drawn version. Ill sometimes get artsy with this and do some different versions.







Here is my colored version of one of the other drawings I did for the book. I liked the way the red and white are in this vehicle.



Make sure to donate and get your copy of the coloring book when its available.