Friday, February 10, 2017

Children's Safari Wall Mural

I had the opportunity to paint the walls in my new baby daughters room, which will eventually be a children's play room. I took the opportunity to paint a Safari Themed Jungle with all sorts of animals including the letters of the alphabet around the room.




I started with some sketches in my notebook to get the characters how I wanted. I new I wanted to make the room fun and exciting so I included all sorts of animals. I also wanted to include something colorful that was also educational which is where the alphabet came in. 



The object in these images that I liked the most were the smugness in the characters faces. It was a cool consistent theme for the simple animals and the way they were painted. My wife gets some of the credit for these, she was instrumental in getting the idea started and doing some of the painting.


I've been excited to show the room to people who come by the house. Also my niece who is old enough to know the animals, but I am most excited for when my little one gets old enough to recognize the paintings and the letters.